HELP!!

Hunter B

Question

Over the last couple of weeks I've been running into error messages upon start up of VW... sometimes if I wait a couple of hours it starts. After a couple of weeks of this I reloaded VW and it helped for a while...then slowly but surely the problem happend again... My I.T. guy said it must be a virus... ALL virus definitions are up to date....so he said it must be an error on your hard drive, so I ran a scan and NADDA, zip, nothing... no errors on the drive. SO, we replaced the drive last friday and reloaded VW. Yesterday things worked fine, but today it flunked out agian on start up.

Does ANYBODY have clue as to what might be the problem?

2 answers to this question

Stan- yep it was a whole new drive.... I think I just got it fixed.... I ran an Windows XP update and I think I got something that F%#@ed it up... I ran system restore and removed some of that stuff... and Viola... magic, it works now.

I totally agree about the Spybot S&D.

Thanks Again.

It's very possible you have been affected by a whole new class of "virus." Adware and spyware are uninvited guest on most computers. They are not detected by anti-virus programs.

When you "replaced the drive" was it the one and only drive on your computer? Did you start from the ground up, reformating the drive? If everything was "fresh" then it couldn't be adware. Adware uses a combination of registry entries, hidden files, dll's and services to bootstrap itself and repair any attempts to remove it. The "slow" computer is a prime result of their infection.

The best help for adware is a free program called "Spybot s & d" Run it. research anything weird that pops up which is not addressed by spybot on the internet. Eventually you can tear it all out of your computer. Nasty stuff.