Referencing multiple building models with Stories into site model file

I have a site model file and two building model files. Each building has the same Stories (BASEMENT, GROUND, FIRST, SECOND), but the Story Elevations for each building are different.

• Is it possible to use Layer Import mode when referencing multiple building files into the site file?
  • If so, how do I deal with Stories and Levels?
    1. Do the Story Names and Prefix/Suffix need to be uniquely named for each building model?
    2. And then I need to add the Stories to the site model file.
    3. What about the Level Types? Or can I ignore Level Types in the site file, even turn them off? Or do I need to make sure they're all on and matching the model files?

After some experimentation I think the answer is, yes, it is possible to use Layer Import mode, and you deal with Stories this way:

1. Yes, Story Names and Prefix/Suffixes need to be unique.
  2. Once your Stories and Prefix/Suffixes are named uniquely you can add them to your site model file, along with the relevant Story Elevations.
  3. When adding Stories to the site file you can indeed ignore and uncheck the Levels. These will be propagated when you update the references.

One other tip. If you're updating Design Layer Names, Story Names and Prefix/Suffixes midway through a project, you might find you need to reset objects that bind to Levels, such as the stairs. Just select the stair and each level in your building model and move it by 0,0 then update the references.

• Like 1