When will the VW11.1 patch be coming out

jasonom

Question

we recently upgraded to v11 and there is a serious flaw in the resolving of faces when doing a hidden line drawing. i have spoke with a tech support woman and she said it is a known bug and will be fixed in the updater.

Since this bug pretty much makes the software useless for us i am wondering when the patch will be coming out?

if it is ready i am more than happy to beta test it.

3 answers to this question

we recently upgraded to v11 and there is a serious flaw in the resolving of faces when doing a hidden line drawing. i have spoke with a tech support woman and she said it is a known bug and will be fixed in the updater.

Since this bug pretty much makes the software useless for us i am wondering when the patch will be coming out?

if it is ready i am more than happy to beta test it.

Katie,

I'm sorry but your reply comes off as very curt and sounds like a corporate brush off. This may not be your intention but it is how it is perceived by me and my coworkers.

I had personally persuaded my company to upgrade to v11 based on all of the well advertised and touted upgrades and improvements to the software. However the new advertising package fails to mention that it contains a major bug that creates unacceptable hidden line drawings.

This may not be a big problem for some users, but for us it is the main tool we use in our presentations to clients.

We now have the upgrade and nemetscheck has our money but the softare is not a usable product for us. So i didn't think my asking when the upgrade would be available was way out of line. I think that as a paying customer we sre entitled to a fully functioning product, or at least some sort of gesture in good faith.

To say, "hey we're really sorry. We know it is an inconvienance and our tech staff is working hard to get the problem solved. If all goes well we should have the software revision out before the end of this quarter" or something to that effect.

Instead of polite assurances i got a terse reply that looks like it was cut and pasted out of the Nemetschek handbook. That is not good a good business practice in my opinion.

Best regards,

Jason McCombs

Most of us have come to learn that version "x.0" is a dangerous game with any software. The good news is that your software purchase comes with a money back guarantee. If the software is unsuitable for you, then get your money back and wait for the later releases, such as 11.5.

NNA's policy is not new and is common practice. I would love it if Apple Computer would say that "on this day we are releasing our new product line". It won't happen because they would not have any sales until that date.

Don't blame Katie. She is a real trooper. She gives of her time to this board freely. She is not obligated to do so.