Instrument key

jomer

Kevin,

Thanks fo rthe reply but I am unsure what it means exactly.

When I click on the key in the plan it is one block. I can not click on and then alter the text as it does not highlight seperately from the key block.

I have tried to "find" the kry to edit it off of the plan but can not.

Thanks

When I say find I have searcehed in Containers, Label Legend, and Theatres and search the file for the Key so as I can edit it.. If I click on the key on the plan I can move the block around but not edit what is inside. The OI allows me to resize the block but there is nothing there about text wrapping. So obviously I am looking at the wrong thing. What, Where is enter the key group ??

quote:

Originally posted by jomer:

Kevin,

Thanks fo rthe reply but I am unsure what it means exactly.

When I click on the key in the plan it is one block. I can not click on and then alter the text as it does not highlight seperately from the key block.

I have tried to "find" the kry to edit it off of the plan but can not.

Thanks

The key to instrumentation is a simple group of objects. Just like selecting three rectangles and "grouping" them. You can select the key on the plan and from the Organize menu select "Edit Group". You can now directly edit all of the components of the key. Anytime you update the key though, you will loose your formatting changes.

HTH

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------

quote:

Originally posted by Ohran:

Kevin, When I use the Key function my symbols seem to be organized by the order I inserted them on to the plot. Is there any way to get them to be organized say alphabetically? (without editing the group)

Currently, no. This is on the list of things to fix for the future. If you're typically working in one venue or always with the same types of fixtures you might create a template document with all of your inventory. Insert each of your items into the document, as instruments, and in alphabetic (or your preferred) order. You can set up your paperwork formatting and label legends as well and then save it as a document template. Anytime you start a new project from this template all of your items will be sorted correctly.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------