Custom Titleblock

J. Tynes

Question

4 answers to this question

I think you have to set up a resource record format for your Title Block with all the fields you want customizable for your object info pallet. Then make your title block a symbol. Edit your Title Block symbol and link those text lines to your record by: Selecting a line of text and then "Organize": "Link text to record" I'm actually trying the same thing...

I hope this was right...and helped

The text will need to be typed in under the Data tab rather than the Shape tab.

If you want to be able to type everything in under the Shape tab, you'll need to learn VectorScripting to write your own plugin.

If you want to make a custom title block that you can edit on the object info pane, then you have to:

1. create title block symbol.

2. create a reccord format to hold the edited infomation.

3. Link the record format to the title block symbol (called "Link Text to Record...").

4. Then you can edit the symbol on the data pane of the Object Info Palette.

I sugggest that if you do this, make the symobl Issue Manager friendly by using the corrct record format. This is covered in my Architect Tutorial ...

I too would like to create titleblocks that can be used with the Drawing Border Tool on the Toolbar, where the shape tab is used to edit the fields.

Is there any discussion of decrypting the VectorScript for the Drawing Border Plug-in Objects and related tools and such.

Being able to manipulate already written code would be much more efficient than starting from scratch.

After all VW created tools and objects in previous versions didn't have the scripts encrypted.

What is the purpose of that Drawing Border Tool if it cannot be customized?

So will NNA ever share again? Hope So.