Wrong positioning of the speakers with using the Speaker Array Tool

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like the geometry may be correct but the record data may be incorrect.

What version are you using?
Are you using Speakers supplied by Vectorworks or are they custom ones you created?
If you are using Vectorworks 2023 and the symbols are from Vectorworks let us know which symbols they are and we can investigate the issue.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sam Churzin said:

Hello everyone! I've faced with strange a Speaker Array tool behavior. My subs and top are not at a zero point more other tops overlap each other. What is the reason of that? I've checked all my 3D geometry positioning in speaker symbols and frame symbol. Everything is at zero point. Any suggestions?

Like @klinzey said, there is likely incorrect data in the Records attached to the speaker and/or bumper Symbols.  If you would post a file containing the Symbols you're using, I'd be happy to take a look.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your suggestions. I've found the reason of that behavior. Generally these are custom symbols for d&b audiotechnik Y-series based on already existing symbols for J-frame and Y subs and tops. I only replaced 3D geometry of those symbols with DWG 3D geometry provided by d&b audiotechnik website and changed the dimensions values in attached records. I didn't pay attention to "Is Tilt Per Front" check box and my value for sub and top was "False". After changing the parameter of that checkbox everything is fine!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Ben59 said:

are they "easy" to use ?

I mean vectorworks isnt to slow with this symbols from dwg 3d ?

I've been using the symbol picker method from day 1 with no regrets. You should be good with the system in your signature. It's more of an issue for folks with budget legacy Mac's. BTW always drag arrays by the bumper (the speakers will come along for the ride).

• Like 2