Jump to content

SUMMARY BOX SCALING


sross

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if the summary box font scaling problem will be addressed any time soon. I use this function and the fonts currently print much too small to be read comfortably. In addition, the position name does not center it self vertically, and extends horizontally outside the gray area of the box if too long. Is there a restriction on the length of a position name to work in the summary boxes??

Thank you

Steve Ross

Link to comment

quote:

Originally posted by sross:

Just wondering if the summary box font scaling problem will be addressed any time soon. I use this function and the fonts currently print much too small to be read comfortably....

What layer scale or scales are you typically working in? Currently the text in the summary box is picked based on layer scale. Obviously in your case it is picking an inappropriate size. If you ungroup the position what is the reported font size of the text? What would you ideally like it to be? (ideally you'd have control over it of course)

The problems with the position name overlap and the text size have been entered in the wish/bug list and will be addressed in a future release. I just took a look at the code for this to see what is going on. Unfortunately because of the way it draws things it isn't a simple quick fix to adjust the size of the text. I will look into whether there is something that can be done short-term to help with this but it looks like it will remain a problem until the next major release.

In Regards to the length of the position name. The formatting for this is set through the menu command "Set Position Label Prefs." It will work on either the selected set of lighting positions or, if no positions are selected, all positions in the document. The length of a position name that will fit in the box will be dependant on the font size you choose.

HTH

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------

[This message has been edited by kmoore1 (edited 09-20-2001).]

Link to comment

quote:

Originally posted by kmoore1:

In Regards to the length of the position name. The formatting for this is set through the menu command "Set Position Label Prefs." It will work on either the selected set of lighting positions or, if no positions are selected, all positions in the document. The length of a position name that will fit in the box will be dependant on the font size you choose.


I just went over to my current project and tried some experimentation with the 'Position Label Preferences'.

1. The value of Style and Justification do not actually do anything.

2. Values entered here do not match text that is drawn as a trial next to the position label.

Example:

If one position is selected, and the label settings are told to be Tahoma, 14, Bold, Left (Pos Lable Pref menu command). Then use the text tool to create the same text, set the font, size, style as text is usually adjusted. The two don't match.

Regards,

Eric Chenault

Lighting Design

eric@ecld.net

[This message has been edited by Eric Chenault (edited 09-22-2001).]

Link to comment

quote:

Originally posted by Eric Chenault:

I just went over to my current project and tried some experimentation with the 'Position Label Preferences'.

1. The value of Style and Justification do not actually do anything.


I'm not able to reproduce this here on either my win or mac machine. Is there any special font or circumstance that I'm missing?

quote:

2. Values entered here do not match text that is drawn as a trial next to the position label.


I went through each combination of alignment, style, and justification and it all seemed to match a sample block of text on both platforms. Is the font you're testing with a truetype font? It may be that you're using something like adobe type manager and the previews aren't being generated correctly. Does the text print correctly?

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------

Link to comment

Kevin, I was using all True Type fonts on a PC.

Actually, I believe the confusion is that I was using Position Summary with Sum Insts checked as well.

The command works if only the position name is used, but not if a summary box is drawn (by using any Sum checkbox).

------------------

Eric Chenault

Lighting Design

eric@ecld.net

[This message has been edited by Eric Chenault (edited 09-28-2001).]

Link to comment

quote:

Originally posted by Eric Chenault:

The command works if only the position name is used, but not if a summary box is drawn (by using any Sum checkbox).


This is the bug that has been plaguing people. The set position label prefs command sets the font attributes for the position name label and all attributes are correctly applied to the position name. The font selected here is used for both the position name label and the summary information but the size and style are overidden for the summary information. This has been buglisted.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...