layer link

vectortech

Question

i use model set up for a 2 story house.i like this system. when i view all layers (after -align layers-),the house is displayed correctly (all layers stacked and touching-correct z values.i create a new layer (active) for a layer link,then choose the appropriate layers. when the link appears there are spaces (usually the delya z value) between the layers. i have double checked delta z and z value entries. what can i do to get the link to display correctly? thanks

1 answer to this question

When you look at the layers with align layer views, they should not appear staked on top of each other as if you were looking at it in a layer link. The objects on the layers should all start on the ground plane and literally be on top of each other rather than stacked.

What you'll need to do, is make sure the z value of the layer is set to where you want the objects to start in the layer link.

Each individual layer needs to have all objects at z = 0.

When the layer link is created, it will take the objects starting at 0 for each layer and place them relative to the layer's z value and stack them correctly.

If you need this explained further, I suggest contacting Tech Support and they can walk you through all the steps.