Section View / Shaded troubles! (Vectorworks 2022 + InteriorCAD)

Fre

Question

Hi everyone,

I work at an interior design office and we started modeling in 3D for a few months now. Whenever i try to make a Vertical section cut/view my program start to run very slow. Abviously because it has a lot to render.

I start by making the section cut line in a presentation layer on the ground plan and i tell vectorworks to place the view on my "02_Section-presentation" in Wireframe. So far so good. 

When i have all the right stuff visible and i'm content i tell the view to make it shaded and than it starts to either render really slow on my macbook pro (m1) and on my Windows PC it starts to freak out and the screen slashes black and white. 

The DPI for the Presentation layer is 50. (300 when i get to printing)

The drawing is just a simple restaurant, 35 chairs, 7 tables, and some stuff on the wall. 

Is there anyway to do this proces more.. Safely, faster..? Am i missing some hardcore tips here? 

(Windows PC is a Decent system with 16gb's of ram - Basicially a very up to date gaming system)

I hope someone can shed some light or tips. 

Thanks!

Grts Fré

2 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, gmm18 said:

You can use ClipCube to get faster section views, though it can be limiting in some ways. 

@gmm18—I'd love to hear more about your Clip Cube sectional workflow. I am not enjoying the slowness of the Section Cut tool nor how much visual annotating I end up doing.