10.1 can't see 10.0.1

JRoth

Question

OK, I'm running OSX with 10.0.0 on the OSX drive. I've downloaded 10.0.1 and 10.1. When I install 10.0.1, it seems to work, and some of the folders (Release Notes & Plug Ins) have newly modified dates, but the version on the program itself is still 10.0.0, and 10.1 refuses to install, saying that I need to install 10.0.1! I've been through this twice now.

Do I need to restart or something?

10 answers to this question

Did you rename the VW application to something like VectorWorks 1000 or something?

The updaters will not update if the application name has been changed. The folders can be renamed and shortcuts/aliases can be renamed, but the application needs to remain being called VectorWorks.

Hard Drive OSX:Applications:Vectorworks 10.0.1

After the first failure, I renamed it. Before, the folder name was just Vectorworks, or maybe Vectorworks 10

I guess the issue is simply that the 10.0.1 Updater doesn't update the application file. It says it's installing 60 files, and seems to complete the task correctly.