problems w dongle

Ignacio

Question

I have my vw 9.5.0 upgraded to 9.5.3. I have recently changed to Mac OSX, and I don?t seem to be able to make it run but in a demo version. I have unsuccessfully tried to install the Mac OSX dongle drivers, and I can?t go back to Mac OS9. How do I fix this problem?

Also, I had an Epson Stylus color 1160 printer that worked fine under Mac OS9, but I exchanged it for an HP Deskjet 1220 C, because the first one couldn?t run under Mac OSX. Now I don?t seem to be able to print any of my vw documents without manually re-locating the drawings in relation with the printable area rectangle provided as a reference by vw. Now, I?ve been usin vw since it?s first days as MiniCad, and I haven?t ever go through a situation like this. I?m totally lost, and I would really appreciate some help.

22 answers to this question

If you still have VW 9.0.1 on the computer, launch it and see if that runs in demo mode.

If it does, VW 901 was not installed correctly, resulting in running in demo mode, consequently all later versions of VW 9 are affected as well.

OKay so the problem is that when you launch Vw under native OS 10.2.4, it runs in demo mode.

How did you install the dongle drivers for OS 10?

Have you tried downloading the dongle driver at

www.ealladdin.com/ ?

[ 03-05-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

OKay so the problem is that when you launch Vw under native OS 10.2.4, it runs in demo mode.

How did you install the dongle drivers for OS 10?

Have you tried downloading the dongle driver at

?

Hello again, Katie. I?m sorry about the delay, but I had to take an unexpected trip. So you think the problem could be in the dongle driver? Unfortunately, I can?t get to the URL you suggest... I think the address is not correct. Would you please send it again?

First, make sure you install the dongle drivers for OS 10 from here"

http://www.eealaddin.com

I had too many 'l's before.

After installing the dongle driver, check to make sure you do not have a VW 10 preference file in the preference folder.

Go to the Hard drive, Users folder, your user home, library, preferences - VW 9 prefs.txt

If this file exists, move it to the trash can and empty the trash can.

Then launch VW - you should be out of demo mode now.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

First, make sure you install the dongle drivers for OS 10 from here"

I had too many 'l's before.

After installing the dongle driver, check to make sure you do not have a VW 10 preference file in the preference folder.

Go to the Hard drive, Users folder, your user home, library, preferences - VW 9 prefs.txt

If this file exists, move it to the trash can and empty the trash can.

Then launch VW - you should be out of demo mode now.

Hello again, Katie.

I?ve done everything you suggested, to no avail. I even uninstalled completely VW and RenderW and installed them again, then I looked for that VW 9 prefs. txt you pointed in your last writing, I?ve send it to the trash can, and it still runs in demo mode under OSX.

Thank God I don?t have an axe at hand!

I?m prepared to do anything it takes (erasing completely VW from my HD, reinstalling it, burn some incense to the gods, you name it), but I?m going to need a step-by-step procedure from the begining to the end, very detailed, because I?m begining to think of me as a not quite bright person. Would you please help me? Ask me anything you need to know. Thank you

After you deleted the VW 953 prefs file, did you empty the trash?

When you launch Vw again, does it ask you for your name, serial number and company name?

Do you have the dongle plugged in?

Is it lit up?

I?ve created a VW icon alias to sit on the dock and opened the application by double-clicking it,, I?ve tried to open the application by double clicking a VW document, and I?ve also tried to open VW by double-clicking its own icon in the VW folder. All three opened it in demo mode. Currently I don?t have VW installed. I?d rather wait instructions to make right from the begining.

Yes, I emptied it.

No, it asks nothing, but I?ve noticed that, when opening it from OS9 it shows my name and company name (and lets me save and everything), but when opening it under OSX, the same starting up window does not show anything after name or company, and then opens in demo mode.

Yes, I have always the dongle plugged in, to the left usb port of the keyboard. Under OS9 is lit green. I have to check what happens under OSX, and I?ll get back to you.

It simply won?t work under OSX.

This is a major setback for every schedule I have, and this way of communication is too slow.

I would very much appreciate it if we could stop and start over from a different point of view:

I have VW + RenderW 9.0.1 CD?s.

They use a MacHASP M dongle and run fine under OS9.2.2

I want to make them run under OSX 10.2.4.

What do I need to download to upgrade them?

Where do I get what I need?

What procedure do I need to follow?

The best way to do it is to get the VW 9.5.2 update CD from your distributor, then update to Vw 9.5.3 on our downloads page.

When installing VW 9.5.2, make sure you install it while launched in OS 10 mode.

That's the quickest way to resolve the problem.

I've been trying to resolve the problem up until this point, however the message board is not my main responsibility and cannot get here every second of the day as I have US calls and emails to address first.