Downloading Libraries

domer1322

Question

It appears that many resource libraries are not on my local hard drive, but are 'called up' from the internet when I select them.  Is there a way to download every single resource file to my hard drive ?    I've discovered how to download a single resource file, but I'd rather do them all at once.

Also ....     if I were to cancel Service Select, would I then lose access to all these resources that are not downloaded on my hard drive ?

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@domer1322you can right click on the folders in the Resource Manager and choose to Download and Install. Additionally, you can right click on the "Vectorworks Libraries" header and install them all at once there. You can also choose to download the packages by clicking Help>Download Content. If you cancel your Service Select subscription, you would lose access to any of the Premium Libraries that have not been stored locally, among other benefits.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The entire catalog with resources is well over 50 GB and probably closer to 100 GB which is why it is stored on the cloud to be called upon when it is needed. If you do have the content on your hard drive you will also not receive the automatic downloads when the Resource Manager is updated as the cloud gets updated but not the local hard drive.

• Like 1

let me re-phrase my last comment .....  I can download the premium file resources one at a time.  They are clearly on my hard drive, inside the VW application folder under "libraries".  However, the files do not show up inside the Resource Manager dialog box, inside the File Browser pane.  Is there some way to 'load' the files into the resource manager ?   I didn't have to load the normal VW resource files.  It was part of the download process.  The premium files seem to act differently.