everything is starting to fall apart

n b

Question

6 answers to this question

Check the control point/insertion option in the OIP.

There is a grid of 9 radio buttons.

If you have the center selected, the rectangle, or any object, will resize evenly on both sides of the control point.

If you have the upper left hand radio checked, then that point will sit still and the rectangle will move to the right when changing the x values.

If you have the upper right radio checked, the rectangle will move to the left while keeping that point still.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

Check the control point/insertion option in the OIP.

There is a grid of 9 radio buttons.

If you have the center selected, the rectangle, or any object, will resize evenly on both sides of the control point.

If you have the upper left hand radio checked, then that point will sit still and the rectangle will move to the right when changing the x values.

If you have the upper right radio checked, the rectangle will move to the left while keeping that point still.

funnily enough i've been using minicad and now vectorworks for the last 9 years and i have in that time learnt a little of how to operate the application. it was a problem with the software not the operator. i was using the top left radio button and the object reacted as if i was using the centre radio button.

this is purely academic as i have put vw10 back in its box. conclusion. i wish software houses would stop releasing software which is obviously not ready for the market. i liked a lot of the changes. unfortunately the program has become very slow and there are too many problems many of them coming and going without any pattern

I sense a bit of unnecessary sarcasm with that post.

I cannot duplicate your problem here in house.

In order for us to further assist with the problem (if that's what you still want, help), then we will need more information.

Unless we have as much information as possible about any given problem or issue, it's difficult for us to fix. How do you fix a problem if you don't know it's a problem to begin with?

Please include the version of VW and exact OS you are using.

i've been working on vw 10.0.1 on a pc 1G MHz 512Mb RAM running windows XP.

first problem extremely slow refresh times. I only really appreciated how slow when i went back to using VW v9

Problems with attributes not referencing through and when trying to change the original file attributes associated with class this made vw crash.

random problems. eg. anchor points didn't work properly.

gave up. went back to vw9

The attributes crash is fixed in Vw 10.1, which has been out for a week and change now.

As far as things not refreshing or updating, that could be related to the video card/driver?

What type of video card do you have?