scale not right

richieh

Question

In vectorworks 10.0.1 running on a Mac with OS 9.2.2 and carbon lib 1.6, A0 drawing page setup to A0 and scale at 100% print to OCE 9300 with a postscipt option in it accross a network via a Apple Xserve print Q running OSX Server 10.2.3 the correct size paper comes out but with the job condensed down to an A4 in the middle of the sheet. Other jobs set in same way print fine. Any ideas?? Other issue some jobs never seem to come out, they leave the workstation and reach the Server Q and leave the Q but never print. Can't find any pattern to this issue. Last question I promise same setup as above, new document click on text start typing but the letters never show as if the keyboard was dead?

6 answers to this question

Make sure you don't have Print Current View set up.

There are some other settings within the OCE driver (Print menu -- different pull dwons) that might have an affect on the centering also.

I do not have access to an OCE driver, so I don't know what the exact setting to look for is.

Thanks for that Katie, we are just using an OCE PPD so the printer settings are mostly Laser 8, forgive the stupid question but where is the print current view option. It seems a little strange as the job may print fine in the morning but than the same unchanged job later in the day prints in the manner mentioned.

Have you checked any of the other printer speciic options like paper saving or centering or something like that?

I know alot of the OCE's have paper saving and a centering or fit to page option. This can affect the size the file is printed at.