7 hours ago, Kevin K said:

@Pat Stanford There are other places to put your thumb 🙂

Yeah...size does matter...look at the size of the honkin' trackball!! 

That ring around the ball is for scrolling

Yeah,  I had(have) one of those also. Apple ADB bus. Plus a USB adapter.  With mouse click set to my thumb it got sore there also. I could never get used to trying to use my index finger for clicking as I didn't feel I had enough control using the middle of my hand.

And at least on mine, the scroll wheel click steps were too big and click for my liking.

But I am glad it works for you. 😉

• Like 1

If your interested just an update with my 3dConnexion mouse.

Thanks JNC for your attachment for settings. I imported it and it worked!

I am intrigued how a few of you have set up Vectorworks 'quick actions' or 'smart view'. I like the thought of simply pressing the space bar and short cut options come up. Presumably this is a setting in the VW's programme / preferences. Whilst I have looked I have failed to find info from VWs for this setting. How do you set it up?

3dConnexion also provided good support and recorded a video for me on how to create macros:

I recorded a video for you. I hope that you will understand. First I show how the quick zoom is working. This is an option which you can add to one of the button, this not involve wheel. It zooms to the place where you hold the cursor.

Most important thing is that you can assign a button in a lot of applications, but to do that in particular one you need to open it first and than switch to 3dConnexion settings. Every application has his flyout folder (I show you this on the example with Viewer), some applications has more commands some less. It depends from the integration and implementation between software producer and our company.

Please see what options you have in your software.

You can also create a macro. The easiest way is to create a shortcut in Vectorworks to do some command, and assign it to one of the button in the Mouse.

Please see video:

349991211_2023-03-1310-35-57.mkv

10 minutes ago, michael john williams said:

I am intrigued how a few of you have set up Vectorworks 'quick actions' or 'smart view'. I like the thought of simply pressing the space bar and short cut options come up. Presumably this is a setting in the VW's programme / preferences. Whilst I have looked I have failed to find info from VWs for this setting. How do you set it up?

1042309270_Untitled5.thumb.jpg.d0232961d1d72b3c1422d3dc19200363.jpg

(I assume you meant Smart Options Display)

I ended up upgrading to the latest driver since I am also using the 3dc keyboard and numpad,
 and they would not work without it. But before I downgrade to version 10.7.4 and was able to
 record a macro for Ctrl-MMB to use the flyover tool maped to the Gesture button for one button flyover.
 But this macro cannot be recorded in the latest driver macro recorder.

So with the new driver I had to modify the xml Vectorworks file (with @Jesse Cogswell method)

And I added the macro to the xml file

<MacroEntry>
      <ID>FLY-MACRO</ID>
      <KeyStroke>
        <Modifiers>
          <Modifier>Control</Modifier>
        </Modifiers>
        <MouseButton>Middle</MouseButton>
      </KeyStroke>
    </MacroEntry>