Removing duplicates of door and windows in Vectorworks 2023

Ed Rosier

I am just getting in to using the door and window schedule in Vectorworks 2023. In the project I am doing currently, I have multiples of the same door type throughout the interior. I only want one of these doors to appear on the schedule, but I want all of the doors numbers to appear on the schedule. Can this be done?

How are you doing your schedule? Are you using a Worksheet and just making a table? Or are you using the new Graphical Legend function?

The Graphical Legend is designed to easily be able to have a single "cell" for a Door Type and list the ID number of each door of that type.

If it is a worksheet, by default you will get one subrow (3.1, 3.2, etc.) for each instance of the Door.  You can add a column with a formula of =PluginStyleName to get the name of the door Style. You can then SUMmarize on that column to "collapse" all of the matching subrows into one.  If you add another column with a formula of =Count that column will give you the total number of doors using that style.

But there is no "easy" way to get all of the Door ID numbers of the collapsed subrows to display in a single cell of the worksheet.

HTH

4 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

But there is no "easy" way to get all of the Door ID numbers of the collapsed subrows to display in a single cell of the worksheet.

Exactly. if using a worksheet best limit the search to the specific door type.

if you want the schedule to say ‘ID001’ in one column but only once and then list all the door numbers in another column this is not possible. ID001 will list in every cell.