Gray Influence line

Zrasap

Hello, I made a custom truss symbol, with a custom UID, saved it in .vwx and made a custom library. When importing it into another file and trying to do a calculate all object, gray lines appear instead of colored ones. As I understand it, the UID that I made for this symbol is not imported, what can I do with it?image.thumb.png.d13ab7d0100cd6e0d3cc002427657d68.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@ZrasapThe fact that the user created structural data did not get imported is works as designed. Custom structural data can only reside in the document in which it was created and cannot be imported or transferred to another document. This is a safety check put in place by Vectorworks and the developer of Braceworks to keep potentially incorrect and non verified structural data from being spread through the user base. I am afraid if you want to keep the custom structural data on the truss you created you must stay within the document, add it to the truss each time that you use it in a different document or work from a template file where the truss already resides.

• Like 1