DTM problems

paragondg

Question

I'm running vectorwoks 9.5 on a 867 Mac G4 w/ 1.2 g of ram andi'm getting a "error_588_608-index outside array index". any ideas? also do 3d polygons have to be closed in order to get a model? I have a site 900x400 ft. on a steep hill side. its a pain to draw individual 2d polys. so i'm trying to use an imported civil

dwg, but the contours are broken 2d polys- can i make it work? some insight would be greatly appreciated

4 answers to this question

You don't need closed polys to create a DTM. The 2d polys need to be converted to 3d polys and given a z value.

What are you doing when you get the index outside of array limits error?

If you want, you can send the file to tech@nemetschek.net attn:katie and I'll take a look at it and see what you are doing and where the error message is.

Well I tried to seed you the file but it seems like it is too big. even compressed it is 6 MB. I missed tyoed the error it really says error_588_608 Index Outside Array Limits. Can you explain what this means? i can't figure it out and I don't know if that file is going to go through.

Thanks

John