This is really terrible.

Ramon PG

Question

21 answers to this question

Restarting seems to have fixed it. But now I see these non-door "groups" of 340 objects!!!

It's time consuming to have to go into all the doors to see if they are OK.

I'm too old for these surprises.

Is VWs 2022 allergic to the M1 chip? 

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 1.09.08 PM.png

Edited by Ramon PG
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Ramon PG said:

Restarting seems to have fixed it. But now I see these non-door "groups" of 340 objects!!!

It's time consuming to have to go into all the doors to see if they are OK.

I'm too old for these surprises.

Is VWs 2022 allergic to the M1 chip? 

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 1.09.08 PM.png

Just sayin' I feel your pain.

• Like 1

Here we go again...

Seems VWs 2022 is allergic to itself. It happens when I use the Publish command, AND also when printing to PDF, AND also when saving as PDF.

I will be calling Tech tomorrow. I am very near a very important delivery and this will be unacceptable to my client.

image.thumb.png.b3e2df7753b1e40fa59774f1e1e77fa8.png

Edited by Ramon PG
3 minutes ago, Ramon PG said:

Here we go again...

Seems VWs 2022 is allergic to itself. It happens when I use the Publish command, AND also when printing to PDF, AND also when saving as PDF.

I will be calling Tech tomorrow. I am very near a very important delivery and this will be unacceptable to my client.

image.thumb.png.b3e2df7753b1e40fa59774f1e1e77fa8.png

Update:

Door glitch does not occur when printing the Design Layer to PDF. May be (AGAIN???) related to the Title Block Border??? 

• Like 1

I agree @Ramon PG we probably need to see the file to be able to offer any real help.

It certainly seems like you might have corrupted objects in the file. Make sure you have multiple backup copies.

When you create the PDF is it pulling doors out of walls and blowing them up? Or are the doors in the walls OK and you are just getting extra doors at the wrong scale?

Are the large doors showing large in the drawing? Or normal size in the drawing and just wrong in the PDFs?

31 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

I agree @Ramon PG we probably need to see the file to be able to offer any real help.

It certainly seems like you might have corrupted objects in the file. Make sure you have multiple backup copies.

When you create the PDF is it pulling doors out of walls and blowing them up? Or are the doors in the walls OK and you are just getting extra doors at the wrong scale?

Are the large doors showing large in the drawing? Or normal size in the drawing and just wrong in the PDFs?

I backup every 5 minutes. The strange items are not doors, just polygons that appear outside of the Sheet layer, but in the shape of doors.

The issue seems to be subsiding, it now appears randomly. Strange, but good.

I'll see what I can do about the file sharing, we don't have Dropbox here.

I'm in the middle of another Publishing. The glitch did not appear at all. No clue, I have not edited anything. I will report if it returns.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
On 1/31/2023 at 1:01 PM, JuanP said:

You can upload the file using the following LINK

@JuanP

Hello Juan, any progress on this? At first I thought the Title Block Border was to blame, but it seems that the anomaly affects only certain drawings, but not others, even when the the same TBB is present.

On 1/31/2023 at 1:01 PM, JuanP said:

You can upload the file using the following LINK

On 2/7/2023 at 9:40 AM, Ramon PG said:

@JuanP

Hello Juan, any progress on this? At first I thought the Title Block Border was to blame, but it seems that the anomaly affects only certain drawings, but not others, even when the the same TBB is present.

@JuanPThis issue persists with or without the TBB. It started again just now after I checked on the "Display Drawing Stamp" to print a couple of PDFs. Unchecking it does not make the issue go away, even when restarting the app.

@BiplabI don't see how can I deliver a set of construction drawings in a couple of weeks. 

And how ca I explain this to my employer after I recommended him to buy Vectorworks.

image.thumb.png.10b8626ff161f2f2bda652a9f8c9bfd8.png

image.png.5730652229d50e5a0a944d2a77f7f6ce.png

image.png.c1382d63a6ea7fc2d060a56a66f3370a.png

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Ramon PG said:

@JuanPThis issue persists with or without the TBB. It started again just now after I checked on the "Display Drawing Stamp" to print a couple of PDFs. Unchecking it does not make the issue go away, even when restarting the app.

@BiplabI don't see how can I deliver a set of construction drawings in a couple of weeks. 

And how ca I explain this to my employer after I recommended him to buy Vectorworks.

I am so sorry to see yet another of these kind of grind-everything-to-a-halt issues.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Ramon PG said:

@JuanP

@Pat Stanford

I deleted all the TBBs from the document, even from the Resourse Manager. Still get the glitch.

For some reason I originally did not get the glitch from wireframe plans, only from rendered sheet layers. After removing the TBBs I get the glitch from all attempts.

Restarting 2022 or the Mac does not help in any way.

Happens in both my personal VWs 2022 and in my work VWs 2022.

Seems there is a connection with updating/resetting plugin objects. When I do not update them the file prints to PDF normally. Which plugin/? that is the question.