A couple of Rendering related items...

Kevin K

21 hours ago, Kevin K said:

Just a few observations relating to Rendering.

I was tasked with creating this 3d metal orb structure which included a lot of small colored node lighting objects.

The Takeaway:

(1 )I was fairly amazed that by configuring each individual colored light strand (6 colors) to use the 'Glow' option for light emitting reflectivity set to 500% brightness,

that without using an actual light object, it really lit the scene !! 

(2) I used an HDRI hemispheric background, and the cool part was that I could set the brightness of the HDRI way down to about 10%

which gave the sene of natural lighting at dusk. Nice to have that option pertaining to HDRI backgrounds 🙂

171277267_Orb4lightspacing.png

@Kevin K—Sweet. Love me some handy glow texture. Also thanks for the tip on HDRI intensity.

1 hour ago, Kevin K said:

Tom

I did elect to use the constant reflectivity (glow) option for the people image prop. Normally I would never do that, but for this rendering coupled with all the glowing lights….I used it. Sort of suits the scene in this instance.

@Kevin K I'd love to see the result without the entourage glow.

Also: golly, a lovely construction and render!

Edited by mjm
4 hours ago, Kevin K said:

mjm

Ok....As requested.....here is a version without the glow option on the people...I think I may actually prefer this one...what you think?

Just for grins, I also attached another project I did for the same Client.

This Client that asked me to 3d model his Orb, does some pretty friggin, compelling, amazing stuff.

Check out his site if you wish...pmmg.com

32256954_NoPeopleGlow.JPG

1881038103_FLATLIGHTS.jpg

OK, just checked the website you mentioned and saw both items rendered above in IRL video from th showreel. Pretty dang cool.

Edited by mjm