-39 Errors, -FSREAD

tgilk

Question

Is there any D.I.Y. fix for -39 errors? We've got a file which we were supposed to get out to the client today, but the program hung and when we restart the file, VW tells us that the file is damaged and VW will restore what it can (which turns out to be about 5% of the total drawing).

Are there utilities for file 'cleanup' that we could use to allow us to limp along until the wizards at Nemetschek are able to give the file a thorough cleaning?

I know that it won't work for us today, but I would still like to know for future reference.

Also, if anyone can enlighten me as to what causes (and more importantly, how to prevent) these errors, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you,

Tgilk [Confused]

1 answer to this question

If you have sleep mode activated on your computer, this can cause that problem. A system crash, hard drive failure, or bad section on the hard drive can also cause this.

Basically it means while the file was saving, a system error occured and was unable to finish writing the file.

Usually a -39 error is unrecoverable. Using a backup from the day before, or saving the file every few hours is suggested.

If it's a dire emergency and you do not have a recent backup, you can send the file to us and we can try to repair the file. Sometimes, we cannot repair it any more than what you've been able to recover.

Tech@nemetschek.net.

VW 10 has an auto save, not just a reminder, and it allows you to save a backup of the file as you save. This is a critical option in VW 10 that can help when situations like this occur.