Texture mapping incorrect when using wall tool in Vectorworks and imported to Vision

It appears that when creating walls in Vectorworks, adding a texture then exporting as MVR to Vision the mapping information is not the same as it is in Vectorworks. I have a Renderworks concrete texture applied to all faces of a wall and it looks correct in Vectorworks but when I import it into Vision the texture isn't aligned to all planes. It appears that it is mapped to the ends of the walls and the texture is extruded through the length of the wall. Is there a way to fix this?

Vectorworks:

image.thumb.png.96e84492db7e9b6f0e31acf17c483b52.png

Vision:

image.png.33ee6f55601bf1a61252770d1907a61c.png

Edited by DBLD
  • DBLD changed the title to Texture mapping incorrect when using wall tool in Vectorworks and imported to Vision
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am able to reproduce this issue with both the 3DS and glTF backed MVRs. This leads me to believe the issue is not with the 3DS/glTF/MVR plugins, but rather an issue down in the core with the UVs the tessellator is giving us.

One workaround would be to export your wall as an OBJ and merge that OBJ into Vision. The reason this works is because the OBJ exporter uses a different mechanism for exporting UVs and geometry (one that unfortunately does not work with MVR as it can only export the entire scene and not individual objects).

I'll bring this issue with 3DS and glTF to the attention of the core team.