Showing the Gobo and Color Wheels in a layer or sheet

DRS

I am making a magic sheet in on a design layer, and I am wanting to show the gobos, and color that are listed in the movers that I have placed on my plot. Is there anyway in a design layer or on a sheet layer to insert the Gobo Wheel(s) and Color wheel in order and in gobo wheel shape. I'm look to place it similar to how user manuals place them. I know I could google search for he correct wheel, but as Vectorworks already has the correct gobos and color in the wheels when I placed the fixture, I was wondering if there is any way to just place the information on to my layer.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It can be added and placed as a bitmap, I used to export the Gobo Wheel from either Lightwright or MLA and mount it on the sheet.

This information can be currently reported in a worksheet, although I don't believe you will see an image of the gobo load or color wheel.

I think this is something that ideally graphic legends should be able to display. As this is not yet supported I will make a feature request.

2 hours ago, TomWhiteLight said:

I think this is something that ideally graphic legends should be able to display. As this is not yet supported I will make a feature request.

I was going to suggest the same, not sure if Graphic Legends supports this,but I think Graphic Legends have great future potential. 

• Like 1

Yes I agree. I am also a user currently that uses Vectorworks, but not lightweight. I have made my own software to do so, but I still do plots, drawings, and magic sheets in Vectorworks, and having the Gobos and color wheel be able to be populated on a designer layer or sheets layer in the correct order, shown in a wheel would be very very useful.  Thank you for the info.