Sign in to follow this  
grantvz

outputting a pdf file

Question

I'd like to output my drafting into pdf format, but when I do I get these weirdnesses:

My drawing is cropped to one side

I don't see any of the text.

Has anyone gone this route with success?

7 answers to this question

What version of Acrobat are you using? I have v.4 and have have some success. However my understanding is that v.5 is supposed to be more CAD friendly.

It is important to make sure that you go to PAGE SETUP after selecting ACROBAT as your printer. Be alert to the fact that ACROBAT will not necessarily know your drawing size and it will need to be entered manually. Mess around with it a little and I think you'll figure it out. PLC

I have no problem getting the drawing to output in C or D size using acrobat 5.0. It's just the text that won't show up. What conversion settings do you use?

Grantvz,

Are you on a mac?

What version of Carbon Lib do you have installed?

I'm on a pc, and have no IDEA what carbon lib is. I can tell you that I have had success now by setting acrobat for an 18x24 drawing, keeping the scale of the drawing at 1/2", and then having Vectorworks scale the drawing by 50% in the print setup box. I get a lot of extra paper, but I get fonts and my dimension linework isn't wacky. Which is another strange thing. Why don't dimensions scale with the drawing? I'm talking about witness/leader/hatch lines. They remain the same size so if you scale the drawing scale down, you get these huge hatch/leader/witness lines.

When you choose a printer, are you printing to Acrobat Writer or Acrobat Distiller? I believe for graphics and accurate formatting you must print to Distiller. I have used Acrobat 4, printing from both Vectorworks and AutoCAD and have had very few problems.