spot 9

I have now been using 9 since it was released and I must say that it is a gem. I was less than pleased with 8.5, and felt it was so full of bugs that it should not have been released at all. 9 is a joy to use. The paperwork is absolutely one of the biggest improvments over 8.5, and the workspace is much cleaner and in line with CAD programs in general.

I use 9 for LX plots, seating plans, plan and section of my two theatres, set and scenery and more.I can interact with other professional users in the .mcd file format,(most pro opera and ballet companies and designers work in Vectorworks) but I also print all files, including paperwork to .pdf which anybody can read with a reasonably new computer or updated operating system.I am backing away from .dxf and .dwg as file formats I exchange files in, but I will do it for someone who begs hard enough (usually the rare autocad user).I find that those two file formats just are not dependable in translation and compression for email travel.

Overall I am very happy with 9 and will gladly hop on the upgrade wagon in the years to come. I must apologise to Kevin for my overly scathing email with regards to 8.5, but I truly believe that new software, rushed to market, only makes enemies, not friends.

A job well done to the team on Spotlight 9.It is quite simply, a great piece of software.

Cheers, Blair