Section Viewport's Section Line Text

I am trying to use VectorWorks 12's Section Viewport (Live Section) feature for a simple mechanical drawing. For the section line I want the standard ASME format used to indicate these types of sections. That is, a line through the drawing with arrows at both ends indicating the direction of view, and the section's letter label ("item name" in the object info palette) at the end of the arrows.

The trouble I run into is that VW does not position the second text label in the correct position for this type of section. I have selected the ASME section marker style, "match beginning," and the "text both ends" check box. The second label, however, is in a different position relative to the section line arrow.

If I move the first text label to move it to the end of the section line arrow (so that the arrow points to the text label), the second text label also moves--but in a different direction.

There doesn't seem to be a way to get a standard ASME section line marker and text using this new VectorWorks 12 feature.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

I took a look at your problem and see what you mean, strange behavior, I could not get the text to move correctly. After setting the parameters in the OIP, I ungrouped the section line twice to fully ungroup it and was then able to move the text, however, you lose the link with the viewport. I would add this obvious oversight to NNA's wishlist.

• 3 years later...