CRM

I know this may not be directly related to VW but I need a CRM to help manage my company.  The problem is that most seem to be geared to mow&Blow, snow removal, irrigation and fertilization route services.  Has anyone here found one that works well for a design build company?  Maybe even one that plays nice with VW.

Client Relationship Management-My understanding-Its software that helps a company manage clients but in reality its a suite that helps a company manage all aspects of the business.  Some of the dedicated landscape design programs have it built in but seem to lack in almost every other way.  I came from another software that had that ability but it was an expensive add on and a bit wonky.  We are a small shop so we can't justify the purpose built packages due to price and the freeware or cheap ware are not worth the electrons they use to function.  So we have a combination of quickbooks for accounting, clockshark time management, ADP for payroll, a new one called EZBZ for daily scheduling which is great but is still in Beta and has is not working on my device due to a bug on my device,  Lastly big whiteboards for project workflow.  Quickbooks, Clockshark, and ADP will all talk to each other so that chunk can be automated to keep accounting costs down a bit.  When it comes to getting a complete look at all clients, follow up, scheduling, sales flow, project document management, Invoicing, change orders, photos etc. I have yet to find a software that works for my business.  My old software would generate takeoffs and put them on a preformatted excel spreadsheet which included full headers and could be turned into an invoice very easily.  It had some functionality to create automated bundles like for a patio based on square footage and supposedly would generate quantities of excavated material, structural, fill, screeding material, paver quantities, boarders, edging Etc.  Try as I might I never got it to work.  VW does a pretty decent job with takeoffs but it would be nice to see  a spread sheet with formatting options so an estimate can be created directly from the drawing or exported to a preformatted excel spread sheet.  That's it in a nutshell.  If anyone with a small design build shop has a good system they use or a network they tap into for this kind of discussion I'd be very interested to know about it.

• Like 1