record database manager spotlight

Ben3B

Hello I start a new topic here with, I hope, a new title  and an explanation more explicit

I wrote it in french (because it is confuse in my mind in french so it more confuse in english)

ggtranslate version (with some corrections)

Hello, last year I attached a record to all my connectcad devices, then I filled the ID field of this record to all my devices, and then via the database manager, I used this ID as a key for complete all other fields.

This info comes from an excel export from my hardware stock management software "rentman"

Now I would like to do the same for all my "spotlight objects and symbol definition".

The difference is that in connect cad there is a function in OIP "save device".

The device is therefore saved with all the modifications made, in particular the associated record and all the fields filled in.

For the symbols, objects , I manage to attach a record , to fill the ID field and the other field via the database tool, but I would like to achieve this for all symbol definition, in view of a use in other projects.

It is possible to do it via the menu modify_create symbol and select the create plugin option, but it is long because I have to rename each time, and moreover for the truss objects, these lose their type, and I am obliged to inform it at the 1st insertion, then it's good ...

Is it possible to use the database tool directly in the resource manager? it would avoid having to register the symbols as a plugin and having to fill in their name again.

Or maybe there is another simpler method.

Thanks

"Bonjour, l'année dernière j'ai attaché un record à tout mes device connectcad, ensuite j'ai renseigner le champ ID de ce record à tout mes device, et ensuite via la database manager, j'ai utilisé cet ID comme key pour renseigner tout les autres champs .

Ces infos viennent d'un export excel de mon soft de gestion de stock de matériel "rentman "

Maintenant je voudrais faire la même chose pour tous mes "objets et symbol définition" spotlight .

La différence est que dans connect cad il y a une fonction dans OIP "save device" . 

Le device est donc sauvegardé avec toutes les modifications apportées, notamment le record associé et tout les champs rempli.

Pour les symbols, objet du dessin j'arrive a attacher un record , a remplir le champ ID et le autres champ via l'outil database, mais je voudrais y arriver pour toutes les définitions de symbols, en vu d'une utilisation dans d'autre projets.

Il est possible de le faire via l'option modify_create symbol et sélectionner l'option create plugin, mais c'est long car je dois renommer à chaque fois, et de plus pour les truss objets, ceux ci perdent leur type, et je suis obligé de le renseigner à la 1er insertion , ensuite c'est bon ...

Est il possible d'utiliser l'outil database directement dans le gestionnaire de ressources ? ça éviterait de devoir enregistrer les symboles comme  plugin et de devoir à nouveaux renseigner leur nom . 

Ou peut être y a t il une autre méthode plus simple .

Merci "