New Printing/Plotting section

Question

Henry, I apologize for the page not working. It doesn't seem to work for me either and I have administrative privledges. I have sent a message to the person in charge of creating these sections and it should be fixed Monday.

I will let you know when the page is up and functioning correctly. I will make sure the section gets up and running as soon as possible.

12 answers to this question

Okay, I think it is fixed now. If it's still not working, post a message here and I'll check back every now and then or send an email to tech@nemetschek.net attn Katie

I hope it's fixed !

Katie, It looked like it was working but when I went to post a topic it wasn't allowed. Could you post a topic? Like:

What choices are there for a sole practitioner architect to get a $2000 D (24" x 36") size low volume printer that works for VW9.5 on a Mac. Fancy color quality unecessary. Accurate line work and fills mostly in black and white. And not too slow.. Maybe 1 - 4 minutes per print. What companies besides HP fit the above specs? What about getting a cheap wintel machine ($450) that for a print server? Would postscript then not be needed?

Henry

Hi Katie,

I'm trying to create correctly scaled PDF files from (MAC OS 9.1, G4 / OS 8.5, B&W G3) VW 9.0.1, that I can print to a remote PC format plotter. I create a Postscript file by printing to the Adobe PS "Virtual Printer" driver, then open the PS file with Adobe Distiller to create the PDF. The resulting PDF when opened in Acrobat is either undersized, or the page is oriented incorrectly, clipping the image. Or both. Orientation seems to be fixed by reversing the dimensions ( h x w ) in the Advanced Job Settings dialog in distiller, but the scaling remains incorrect.

Adobe Acrobat help online or provided documentation do not address this issue in any detail. Is there any specific instruction set, or person with like experience to assist me with this?

Many thanks, in advance for any assistance. Charles Davidson

and while we're on the subject

I have a TiBook 667 - VW 8.5 - 455ca - OS9.2

and I have to print it to a pdf - then open the

pdf and in the chooser select the adobe PS driver that I downloaded - then print that to a file - then open the file in the HP RIP - and then print it

you can imagine the weeks it took me to figure this method - when I tried to export from VW to an EPS it would truncate the drawing

Is there any easier way?????

You should be able to print directly to the 455 without all the export business. Check out the printing / plotting section. Basicaly you need, the lastest rip from hp (1.1a verson), a patch from hp so it will work with os9, carbon lib 1.5 or above, alocate 40 mb min to the rip, do not use fill patterns use hatches, check your fonts for corruption if you have problems crashing the rip.