Drawing 3D Torroids?

mbanvard

Question

6 answers to this question

quote:

Originally posted by jodawi:

Use a locus and a circle to make a sweep, as described on page 7-18 of the VW User's Guide. (Not sure what page in VW Architect etc.)

Yeah, or you use the 'Torus Object.vso', shipped with VW but not automaticly installed.

Put it into your Plugins folder and add it to your workspace. This tool ( and some other 3d primitives) can be found in the

Specialties folder in the VW directory.

In VW 8 it's located in 'VectorWorks\ToolKit\Specialties\Goodies\3D Primitive Objects\Plug-ins',

in VW 9 its

'\VectorWorks 9\Resources\Samples\3D Primitive Objects'

Hope it helps,

Hannes

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by mbanvard:

I've already (swept a circle and a locus). The group of circles is not a 3D solid.

What do you mean by "it's not a solid"? It certainly should render as solid, and volume and surface area can be obtained for it. It also will work in the add/subtract/intersect solid operations.

The sectioning operations ignore "solidness". If you need a solid section, use a solid subtract instead.

------------------

Andrew Bell

andrewb@nemetschek.net

I am not an official spokesperson for NNA

quote:

Originally posted by Hannes:

Put it into your Plugins folder and add it to your workspace. This tool ( and some other 3d primitives) can be found in the

Specialties folder in the VW directory.

In VW 8 it's located in 'VectorWorks\ToolKit\Specialties\Goodies\3D Primitive Objects\Plug-ins',

Hope it helps,

Hannes

Hannes,

I've gotten half way through your instructions. I can't figure out how to add the torus to my workspace. It is in the Plug-Ins directory, but now I'm stuck.

- Michael.

quote:

Originally posted by mbanvard:

Hannes,

I've gotten half way through your instructions. I can't figure out how to add the torus to my workspace. It is in the Plug-Ins directory, but now I'm stuck.

- Michael.

Michael,

Open the Workspaceeditor, go to the Tools tab.

At the left column search for 'Solids', expand it and klick on the desired icon.

hold down your mouse and move the Icon to

the desired tool palette on the right column.

Close the Editor.

I hope it's somehow understandable;-)

Kind Regards, Hannes