Scaling Drop Point Symbols + Symbol Folder

Luther Core

1. Is it possible to scale the size of the drop point symbols installed using the new drop point tool? I haven't found a way to do this. Re-sizing the drawing is equally problematic.
  2. Where would this new Drop Point be located? I created a new folder based on the other thread. It creates a folder in the document, but I need it as a library for reuse. The previous User library I created is in the list, but not accessible via the Drop Point tool. This is the thread I referenced: 

All help is welcome. Thanks!

Edited by Luther Core
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Luther Core,

On 1/13/2023 at 7:09 PM, Luther Core said:

Is it possible to scale the size of the drop point symbols installed using the new drop point tool? I haven't found a way to do this. Re-sizing the drawing is equally problematic.

- Currently there is no way to scale the drop point symbol from the drop point plugin. You will have to find the symbol in the resource manager and scale it from there, but keep in mind that this will affect all drop points using that symbol. The other way to go for this might be to change your layer scale, but this will affect all objects in the layer.

On 1/13/2023 at 7:09 PM, Luther Core said:

Where would this new Drop Point be located? I created a new folder based on the other thread. It creates a folder in the document, but I need it as a library for reuse. The previous User library I created is in the list, but not accessible via the Drop Point tool. This is the thread I referenced: 

- Maybe you forgot to call Refresh Libraries from the resource manager? If this does not help, can you give me some more details about what you have in your library file or send me a sample library file and its location in your user folder?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2023 at 3:11 AM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @Luther Core,

- Currently there is no way to scale the drop point symbol from the drop point plugin. You will have to find the symbol in the resource manager and scale it from there, but keep in mind that this will affect all drop points using that symbol. The other way to go for this might be to change your layer scale, but this will affect all objects in the layer.

- Maybe you forgot to call Refresh Libraries from the resource manager? If this does not help, can you give me some more details about what you have in your library file or send me a sample library file and its location in your user folder?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks Nikolay,

I'll play around with scaling as the default size is far too large when the drawing is scaled at 1/4. Regarding the Libraries let me verify if it's stored in the correct location and I'll follow up with you. 

• Like 1