Hoist symbol automatically converted into a bridle leg symbol

Wood

Hi,

I use a modified hoist symbol to represent our End of Truss locations to export for our layout X/Y information. I also use a similar symbol to represent other points of interest that we want to mark on the floor.  I have removed all of the load data, and put them in a separate layer so they don't actually connect to the truss. (So braceworks doesn't try to calculate them).

I then have a worksheet that pulls all hoist symbols and exports their X, Y etc for output to my label and layout system.

In 2023, they've started autogenerating Bridles. I can't seem to find a setting to disable this. Unadulterated hoist symbols do not generate the bridle. What am I missing?

While we're on the topic, is there a better way to do this?

There is a auto compensation if you exceed the maximum chainlength of the hoist.

A possible workaround is to change the chainlength( = maxchainlength) recordfield in the hoists symboldefinition then you need to replace the symbol of the hoist by the same in order trigger a refresh of the chainlength.

Edited by PatW