VW 2023 SP3 Frequent Crashes

_James

Question

Is anyone experiencing far more frequent crashes in SP3? I have gone from zero crashes when using SP0, 1 & 2 to having 3 crashes today in SP3 (having upgraded yesterday).

Tends to happen when orbiting in 3D, but has also occurred when just clicking back into VW from another programme.

• Like 3

16 answers to this question

I have been having the same crashing issues with Landmark SP3 2023. I find it when trying to edit objects like railings or large poly lines. 

I am also having an issue where all my plants (from existing libraries) have heavy line weights that I have to change in 2D edit. It is not an issue with the class attribute.  Very frustrating and time consuming. Wondering if any one else has experienced this and found a fix?

On 1/12/2023 at 2:28 PM, _James said:

Is anyone experiencing far more frequent crashes in SP3? I have gone from zero crashes when using SP0, 1 & 2 to having 3 crashes today in SP3 (having upgraded yesterday).

Tends to happen when orbiting in 3D, but has also occurred when just clicking back into VW from another programme.

My colleague and I both having similar issues, noticing it today when trying to edit data tag layout to include a shoulder line. Shoulder line number is green, changing it doesn't show the shoulder line, then vwx crashes.

My graphics driver is up to date.

I have attempted to import a revit file (290 mb) for a residential project, probably 10 times today without success.
VW 2023 SP3 has crashed every single time. I am on a Lenovo Legion, Core i7-10875H, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB, 32 GB DDR4-3200.

System and graphics drivers are updated. I have run the abovementioned repair function.

I am completely new to VW but as far as I can tell my pc should be capable of handling this size project, and I have been able to open the revit file on the same pc in a trial version of revit 2023 without fuss and much lower memory use.

I corresponded with Tech Support about my issues and the suggestion was that referenced files were far from the origin. Rookie error! The file does seem more stable since rectifying this.

The same file worked without issue with VW2022 however. When I put this to Tech Support they said: "This may not happen in 2022 as the amount of RAM required to run the software is lower than the amount required in 2023." Interesting.

I also ran the "repair" function again today to see if there was anything that needed fixing. How do 50 files "break" in 8 days?!

546571272_Screenshot2023-01-27at09_30_49.thumb.png.0d0dd1bf67c6fdd4de3ec7d53155080b.png

3 minutes ago, _James said:

I also ran the "repair" function again today to see if there was anything that needed fixing. How do 50 files "break" in 8 days?!

It's a bit of a mystery to me. I ran it yesterday just out of habit rather than there being a specific issue I was hoping to remedy + as above found I had 13K+ files that needed repairing (had similar numbers in the past). But couldn't detect any difference in performance before + after. I did ask about all this previously but didn't really clear up the issue for me: