Let the Reshape Tool edit Associated Object when selecting a Data Tag

MarcelP102

Question

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't use the data tag that much, when you press the reshape tool when selecting a data tag nothing happens. The reshape tool gets activated but you can not reshape the data tag.  Why don't make it so that the reshape tool gets activated for the object associated with the data tag? This can be a space, but also a wall or window or whatever. 

So bringing back the reshape possibility when selecting the space label (like VW 2022 and below). And also improving the workflow for other objects.

image.thumb.png.cadf935deaf8996a6ad8077f7533a871.png

Edited by MarcelP102

3 answers to this question

Since the Data Tag and the Space object are now often separated from each other (one is a model object, the other an annotation feature), it might be better to have a button that lets you navigate to the associated space object...  Maybe right click and Select Item...  Similar to the way doors are selected in worksheets. 

1361184743_ScreenShot2023-01-10at3_21_52PM.png.bb99118dd79f738d60394e600523f520.png954725641_ScreenShot2023-01-10at3_15_46PM.png.7804479776b1513f65ca10f39e7a89ff.png

Edited by cberg
  • Like 1

A button to select the associated object is nice. But I really need to jump directly into reshape mode. I don't want to click multiple times. So that's why I purpose to reshape the associated object when selecting a data tag and pressing the reshape tool. 

This can indeed work to edit a space. But this can also work for other objects like a data tag of a wall or floor etc.

• Like 1