Disappearing boxes on new G4's

tking

Question

I just purchased a lab of G4's with the Nvidia G2 cards on an apple 17" monitor, and either a ATI Rage Orion or Radeon PCI card driving a Sony CPDe400 19" monitor.

I did not have this problem when running the same version of VW on G3's with the builtin video cards and the same ATI PCI's.

Randomly, it would seem, when I draw boxes I can't see them while drawing them, and I don't get the "buttons" at the corners to change the box dimensions after it's drawn.

Is this a video card issue?

It seems to help if I knock the colors down to 256...from either thousands or millions.

Thoughts?

Tim

4 answers to this question

Originally posted by tking:

I just purchased a lab of G4's with the Nvidia G2 cards on an apple 17" monitor, and either a ATI Rage Orion or Radeon PCI card driving a Sony CPDe400 19" monitor.

I did not have this problem when running the same version of VW on G3's with the builtin video cards and the same ATI PCI's.

Randomly, it would seem, when I draw boxes I can't see them while drawing them, and I don't get the "buttons" at the corners to change the box dimensions after it's drawn.

It seems to help if I knock the colors down to 256...from either thousands or millions.

Thoughts?

Turning off Nvidia 2d Acceleration allows me to use thousands and millions of colors on my G4 533 dual.

quote:

Originally posted by tmadsign:

Originally posted by tking:

Thoughts?

Turning off Nvidia 2d Acceleration allows me to use thousands and millions of colors on my G4 533 dual.

I also have the same problem

my question is how do i controll the Nvidia 2d acceleration?

i can not find a control pannel or so.

Thanks

quote:

my question is how do i controll the Nvidia 2d acceleration?

i can not find a control pannel or so.

Open up the Extensions Manager control panel and use it to disable the NVidia 2d accelleration extension. Close the Extensions Manager control panel, and restart your computer.

Caleb Strockbine

caleb@nemetschek.net

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

For more information, check the "Video card woes" topic under the General Discussion board.

Note that this particular section of the message board is intended for discussing what we should make tech notes about, not about bugs or program features, so any further inquiries are best submitted to more appropriate sections of the board. (Not that we'll growl at you or anything, it's just you'll probably get better and quicker answers.)

------------------

Andrew Bell

andrewb@nemetschek.net

I am not an official spokesperson for NNA