Video Screens - Record Format & Data Tags

I'm trying to pull information for a projector that is part of a video screen as an imported symbol with _VS-ModData record for a data tag but I'm not being successful.

When I change the default projector symbol to one that's in the library, the information from Video Screen doesn't update and I don't have access to the projector's data so in order for me to pull that information, I'd have to associate a new _VS-ModData record and fill it out or create a custom record with the information I need and associate with the screen object. 

Is there a way to attach the projector's _VS-ModData record directly to the video screen (or blended video screen) so that the wattage is reflected in the screen object and available as data in the data tag? It seems that the wattage field updates when I use one of the default projectors but not when I use a projector symbol with a _VS-Mod Data record attached to it. 

Any thoughts?

Frédéric "Oaktown"

@klinzey so when I use a projector symbol in a video screen, there is no way to pull that information directly from a data tag without having to create a new record that get attached to the video screen?

Also, why is the wattage not updating to reflect what the attached projector has in its _VS-ModData record? That seems like a bug or an oversight.

Frédéric "Oaktown"