Direct Edit Field in List Browser

Is it possible to edit/enter text/dimension fields directly in a List Browser? I don't seem to be finding any function controls for this nor seeing any details in any of the resources I've spent the past hour digging through. Anything I'm overlooking here or is this just not possible at the moment?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Gelde-Aart

I actually hit a point on the plug in I was intending to use this on that I didn't wind up needing it. I came across the read only commands while looking for some other info,  plugged them in just to see if it would function and it appeared to work initially. I was able to enter the field and type in new data but that's about all I tested at the time. However when I load that script up today the read only control didn't seem to want to enable anymore at first. After a few tries of me throwing in some debug stuff to try to see what was going on it suddenly finally kicked in and gave me the option to edit the fields, but the new values I type in won't actually stick. I was thinking maybe something would have to be scripted to commit the change, but I tried monitoring the events happening via vs.GetLBEventInfo and while kMessageSelectionChangeClick  (-4) gets flagged when entering the field, no events appear to occur when committing or exiting the field after a change.

So there's something more to this I'm missing... I'll have to dig in deeper whenever I can find some time to experiment and see if I can figure this out.

Digging a bit deeper today... and it doesn't seem like this is possible at the moment?

VS-List_Browsers_part_4

Went back to this very helpful guide and found there are some specific notes about the LB events that call out direct edit not being VS accessible. Older version listed, but from my testing with it today I'm not receiving any of these events in 2023 either when interacting with an editable field in my browser. Guess we're out of luck for the time being?

{ LB's direct edit, introduced by VW 2020, not accessibile yet (VW 2021) with VS }

kLBQueryInteractionType = -16;

kLBQueryItemValue = -17;

kLBQueryItemListRetrieval = -18;

kLBItemEditCompletionData = -19;