What happened to 'Unified View' in v23?

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Or is it hiding somewhere under a new name

By default, since VW 2023, Unified View is ON and Screen Plane is gone.

If you would need it the old way, there is a Tab in File Settings : "2D Legacy"

If you enable legacy mode, you get back access to Screen Plane and UV.

Then you can again activate the UV Icon in Top Bar to switch ON/OFF if neded.

Also if you open Files, that have any UV OFF settings or use screen plane,

2D Legacy will be activated automatically.

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, zoomer said:

Also if you open Files that have any UV OFF settings or use screen plane,

2D Legacy will be activated automatically.

This explains a lot! Many of our ongoing projects have been brought forward from VW21 (we ignored 22) and sometimes the UV was defaulted on, other times off. I hadn't yet noticed that UV was the new default, which I MUCH prefer.

Thanks so much for your prompt help!!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

FYI

Worked on a project Saturday that looked good in Open GL (Shaded) but it just would not render correctly in RenderWorks. Items disappeared. I stumbled into a solution by creating a matching viewport. In the updated viewport the design looked as expected with Final RenderWorks. It turned out that even though the drawing was a single Design Layer and UNIFIED VIEW was unchecked, the settings in the Unified View options (¿ assumption ?) turned out to be the issue / solution. Not sure why, though I had a hunch as I remember an instance with a previous employer and VW 2022 where the Text and Dimensions disappeared and I connected unsuccessfully with Tech Support on a solution (Case # 00270499) No Longer employed there ...

Made a test of some of the objects copied to a new file (see attached) - Unified View is off in our Workflow, although I believe that I have seen it check itself  in the process of opening and editing a drawing. Wish these issues were flushed out in the Beta Testing or at least documented (¿ Where would one look ? ... Known Issues ?).

Suggestions are always appreciated 

(VW 2020 - iMac Pro)

Peter

Unified View Disappear Issue_1.pdf

FYI

Another disappearing act based on Unified View Settings (¿ or ?) - see attached

Not sure if this is the Symbol Edit BUG that Andy B. has documented, or if it is the Unified View "palpitations" that I have experienced in VW/RW Designer 2019 to 2022

Unified View is Off - Single design layer - Layer Options Active Only - Edit Hybrid Symbol - attempt to test render while in the Component Edit mode - Items disappear.

Unified view turned on is the solution. (¿ Why ?)

(VW/RW Designer 2020 on an iMacPro)

Suggestions are always Welcome ...

Peter