Hoist Measurements size

Ben L

Question

Hello I am having an issue where I am looking to make the hoist measurements larger then they are on the standard sheet.  If you edit the font in the symbol the largest it goes is 12 point amd if you edit the 2d symbol in anyway it no longer tracks the measurements. I have gotten around it by scaling the class in the sheet layer but then i get what appears below and again moving it with in the symbol no longer tracks the measurements. curious if this is possible or if I am missing something basic?

Motor point capture.PNG

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you create a new text style in your document resources it will then be available in the hoist properties text style dropdown.

otherwise you can try setting a class text style for the measurement label class of the hoist

Another option is t create or customise a data tag to display the hoists coordinates and use that instead of the measurement label

Same issue here. Label handling with hoists seems not ideal for me. Changing text size via text style in hoist info palette or via size in "text" sub-menu only changes the size of the ID label but not for the measure label.

Tried to force the size via class text style, didn't work, only color and fill attributes are applied.

Label layout editing like for data tags or label legends would be nice. Measure and ID label then could be united into one, free custom layout is possible, different labels, free of choise via drop-down menu.

Data tag is good workaround for this issue (and ist what we are using), but always adds extra work because you need to insert the tag.

At least "one-click" solution thanks to the "selected eligible objects mode" when inserting data tags

Best,

Rob

Edited by Rob87