Isometric View - Topo & Building

jmhanby

Question

I am new to site work on Vectorworks.  I got the survey in AutoCAD form, made sure the scale was right and imported into my model.  I was then able to make the topo.  However now the topo will not show correctly when in isometric views.  The screen shot is the left view and you can see my building in the lower left corner.  The layer is set to the building layer.  When I set the layer to the topo layer, the topo shows correctly and the building doesn't.  What am I missing?  Update:  I found the solution,  I put the topo on the building layer and it showed up and was at the wrong elevation!

Screenshot 2023-01-06 124836.jpg

Edited by jmhanby
found solution

3 answers to this question

It seems as though "Unified View" is turned off, which is something that you'd typically only want for legacy/outdated workflows.

Which version of Vectorworks are you using?

If in 2022 or 2023, go to File > Document Settings > Document Preferences, go to the "Legacy 2D" tab, and make sure "Turn off unified view" is unchecked. You can also then try unchecking the first "Enable legacy 2D features" option, though it might not let you if there are already Screen Plane objects in the document. But the unified view thing is the important part.

• Like 1