Plant Densities - Units

Hi All,

Do you know if I can show plant density shown in a single cell in a schedule/ worksheet? So far, I managed to show the densities, as requested, but I needed to use another column to do so.

Another thing is that it takes so much space and it's really wordy, e.g. "plants/ sq m" or "meters on center" rather than "no./ sqm" or "ctrs" or "c/c". Perhaps it is possible to alter these labels in some config files to suit custom needs?

Any thoughts? Or shall I suggest it as an improvement in the Roadmap?

Can you post a sample file with a couple of plants and your worksheet so I don't have to try and create something that simulates yours? I am pretty sure we can pull it into a single cell using a Concat function. If there are a limited number of Unit functions we might be able to edit those on the fly also.

But Wish for user selected units would probably still be a good idea.

Here is just a simple concat to put them in a single cell.

image.png.5182ec4014a70fb8686dda08bdbdabbb.png

And a version showing how to use Concat with the fields directly instead using the data from a cell.

image.png.c128b4e6e141a0ae13b654fc69c06d76.png

And finally in column G, a Concat coupled with an IF statement to show how to change how the units are displayed.

image.thumb.png.bd2855202378a6c811324352e0c91d38.png

Ask again if you need more help.

These were done in VW2023, but Concat and IF were available in VW2021.

• Like 2

That's really useful to know.

3 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

And a version showing how to use Concat with the fields directly instead using the data from a cell.

I tried doing exactly that when you wrote about the Concat function for the first time and it didn't work. I will try again.

Thanks again for help; big time!

Edited by Michal Zarzecki