External wall join with changing substrates

Hi, 

I have a project where the substrate of the external wall changes along the length of the wall. 

I have an issue where the floor slab won't bind to the wall substrate after the second change. 

I have 2no. questions:

1 - Which wall join tool do I need to use to join 2no. wall styles with different substrates?

2 - How can I bind the slab to the wall substrates and ensure the bounding is retained?

I have attached an image below for information.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you

Plan image.png

Where you have the two wall styles end to end, you can use the corner (L) join mode.

I tested your example though (in 2022), without using a join, and the slab tool still worked . . . so maybe check both Wall Styles have the same / desired Wall Components selected as their Core.

23 hours ago, Matthew M said:

Hi, 

I have a project where the substrate of the external wall changes along the length of the wall. 

I have an issue where the floor slab won't bind to the wall substrate after the second change. 

I have 2no. questions:

1 - Which wall join tool do I need to use to join 2no. wall styles with different substrates?

2 - How can I bind the slab to the wall substrates and ensure the bounding is retained?

I have attached an image below for information.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you

Plan image.png

I generally always have Manual Bound Slabs. When I try to make an Auto-Bounded Slab where the Walls change style midway as per your example I always end up with a Slab which is 'Auto-Bounded with Manual Edges'. Someone else will confirm but it may not be possible to have an auto-bounded Slab with that configuration of walls...? You might be compelled to set the edge offsets manually (which like I say is what I generally do anyway).

• Like 1