Escape character when searching for signal type ???

elc

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @elc,

That's an interesting case that you have found. The only way I was able to get this working is by adding this to the criteria formula:

('Circuit'.'Src_Signal'<>'Circuit'.'Dst_Signal')

This should usually work because circuits that have different source and destination signal end up with ???. However, there might be some exceptions for manually set signals.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

If the value in Signal is generated by the PIO, then you may be out of luck. If this were a manual field I would recommend using a different character. Maybe ¿ instead so it would be searchable (Option-Shift ? on Mac).

I did a quick test yesterday and it is possible to write a script that will change all of the ? in a field to ¿ and then use that for your criteria. And this might be enough if you just need a quick way to show the items with problems, but if the field regenerates after every change it might not be worth it.

What about a script to put a value in a different field if Signal contains ???

It would not be fully automatic and you would have to run the script every time to make sure it was up to date, but it might give you the functionality you need.