Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

run another script within a script

For Python you are creating a standard import file or module, and the rules are a little different. I think the python form includes some relevant posts.

For VS, create a vile with the extension .vs, .vss, or .px. px files will include and encrypt themselves for locked plug-ins. They also work for unencrypted plug-ins, so that's what I tend to use.

The syntax is {$INCLUDE filename.extension}. You can see more in the Vectorscript Language Guide: https://developer.vectorworks.net/images/7/72/VectorScriptGuide.pdf

If no path is provided, Vectorworks will look for a file in the same directory as the calling script, which if called from a plug-in, will be in the plug-ins folder.

You can also include an absolute path or a valid POSIX path (including relative paths) to access the include file anywhere on your system.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 6:47 AM, JBenghiat said:

If no path is provided, Vectorworks will look for a file in the same directory as the calling script, which if called from a plug-in, will be in the plug-ins folder.

You can also include an absolute path or a valid POSIX path (including relative paths) to access the include file anywhere on your system.

Is there a way to use relative / posix paths to include files one folder down? I am attempting to organise a fairly involved plugin that ideally references files in a hierarchical structure e.g.:

• plugin.vso
  • modules/
    • module1.px
    • module2.px
    • models/
      • model1script.px
      • model2script.px

I can easily import files in the same same level as the plugin folder but attempting to include any files further down don't seem to be recognised.

My best guess is that this is a quirk of the version of pascal VectorScript is but unfortunately I can't move to python.

Thanks