Referencing Images - Absolute or Relative and greybox problem??

designit

Question

We are having a problem which i don't think we have had before and am trying tow ork out if we have changed how we are doings oemthing, or if VW has changed in an update and we need to do something different, or if it is a hardware issue.

We sometimes reference in images onto the sheet spaces of plant photographs.  We have been selecting absolute on referencing.  This is becasue the image file lcoation does not change.  We also select cashe of image.

Both the VW files and the image file are on the same server.

In a recent project one person did all the referencing of the images.  Then when they opened the file the next days or a few days later they had a whole lot of grey boxes.  Another staff member opened the file and they did see the images as they should appear, they saved and closed.  Original staff member opened file again, still had greyboxes. Seems like updating all references didn't work.

I no longer have the file as staff member then imported all images.  However, this has various problems and we now need to insert more images. 

I would prefer to do this via referencing for various reasons. 

Does anyone have any hints to what casued the original problem? 

1 answer to this question