Wall Data Tag issue

gfilippini

Hello all, 

I´m having problems with wall data tags and text dynamic fields on its layouts to display info. After some days working on a file I found no wall info on data tags; Info was shown initially, I can´t identify what I changed on the file to get this. No changes were made to Data Tag layout.

Before continuing tryng I take a little test on empty files (attached) and this occurs again: After some days file mamed "Untitled1" is not showing info on Data Tags. I create a new file "Untitled2" and Data Tags show info from dynamic text fields ok. Now on "Untitled1" file I can´t even add wall data tags anymore using the only style present on it since file creation.

Any idea on why this is happening welcome!

One more thing I´ve seen while working on data tag layouts: when having many of them on drawing files (on design layers) and try editing Data Tag layouts took lot of time before redrawing; not sure if this is always this way, not so good for me. 

Thank you and happy new year!!

Captura 2022-12-30 170652_1.jpg

Captura 2022-12-30 170652_2.jpg

Untitled 1.vwx Untitled 2.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @gfilippini,

The problem is that one file uses IFC4 and the other file uses IFC 2x3. The data tag style takes the information from IfcWallStandardCase which is default when the IFC is 2x3. The default IFC entyty for IFC4 for walls is IfcWall, so this data tag style could not take information from it. for IFC4 you should use another data tag style.

Best Regards,
Kostadin Ivanov

• Like 2