importing new textures

Jim_Allen

I am sure I am missing it somewhere. I am trying to import my first image.

I created it in photoshop and saved it as a PNG to my desktop. Using the manual(maybe my first mistake) I am trying to import into VW so I can apply it to a surface. I go to the RB and select new RW resource and select RW texture, as the manual says to, and I cannot see, from the directions how I navigate to the image I want on my desktop to import it to use.

The image is flames that I want to use, if that makes any difference

What am I missing??

Thanks

Jim

VW12.0.1 PC

George,

Found it. Thanks

But I cannot get the inage to look correct once I get it imported. I have tried many different options but none seem to work.

Is there a secret??

I just want the image - flames - to look like they look orginally before being imported.

Jim

VW12.0.1 PC

Jim,

That's the hard part. There is some info in the VW Help file. This is from the Editing the Texture Resource section:

"For image-based shaders, click to set the real-world size in relation to a segment of the image (if several image-based shaders are used, select the shader in the Choose Image dialog box first). In the Set Material Size From Image dialog box, specify the texture length to use for sizing by dragging the ends of the line segment. Then, specify the real-world size for the line segment in Feature Size. Click OK to exit the Set Material Size From Image dialog box and update the Size value.

The size should reflect the file setup. For example, if the layer scale is 1/4" and feet and inches are being used, the size should be in feet, not inches. "

What kind of surface are you trying to apply the texture to?

George

George,

I am doing a set design and am applying it to the front of flats. I did apply the image/texture and it worked fine except it looked weird. Can one not just import a texture/image with an "as is" setting???

If you are willing to look at what I have, I will email the image to you.

Thanks for the help.

Jim