Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Getting Palette Visibility and Hiding Using Vectorscript

All,

I'm wondering if there is a way to query current palette visibility and to hide palettes using Vectorscript, particularly the Object Info Palette, the Navigation Palette, and the Visualization Palette.  I have found and used GetPaletteVisibility and SetPaletteVisibility, but those only seem to work on tool palettes and script palettes (such as Saved Views), not on the palettes mentioned above.  The Wiki page even has a remark on the SetPaletteVisibility page that the command only works on tool palettes.

I have used the DoMenuTextByName('Standard Palettes Chunk',X) command in the past to hide and show Snapping, Attributes, Object Info, Working Planes, Resource Manager, Navigation, and Visualization palettes by passing 1-7 into the arguments, but that just toggles the current state, and starting in Vectorworks 2021, the command no longer works on the Object Info, Navigation, or Visualization palettes.

The Get/SetPaletteVisibility procedure takes a string argument, so there's a great chance that I'm just missing the proper name for the palettes on the VW side.  Any chance one of you fellow Vectorwizards know the magic words?

• Like 2

@Jesse Cogswell,

Wow, you posted THE question I had yesterday, before it left my head!   SPOOKY!!!

I tried everything you mentioned above with the same result – ¡NADA!  If the standard palette names do exist somewhere I have not found them.

This seems like a necessary function set to have. If you post a VE, I'll definitely upvote it. I'd really like Get/SetPaletteVisibility() to work on all of the standard palette names. I could have used it as soon as yesterday.

Thanks,
Raymond

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...