Doors corrupting walls when rendered

Aqueous

I have recently moved over to version 12 and found that when I create a door plug in and subsequently render, the wall rendering cuts out a portion of the wall to either side of the frame.

I switched back to version 11 and found that it does not happen and when I import feom 11 to 12 the same occurs.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

This has got to be a bug. I did a test of a room with walls and rendered. Then I deleted the walls and created a solid (Extruded subtraction) and re-rendered using the same settings. The results are in the link below. I hope this problem is sorted out.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/d029a89822.jpg

Also when symbols are inserted in walls, when rendered, lines appear to join the corners of the symbol and wall.

Kinda makes one wonder how this obvious bug made it past the 'beta' filtration system and into the pool. Prior to release didn't anybody bother to test the v12 Window&Door PIO in walls and then render the results ?

It's stuff like this that makes my skin crawl ... cus there's no way to fix it with out endless fudging over it ( which defeats the purpose of the PIO symbols ). For my money every PIO should at least be able to perform the basics which include I/O presentation impeccability.

This is not an "almost is good 'nuf " proposition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello again Aqueous:

This is a known bug in 12.0.0, and will be fixed in an upcoming maintenance release. I am trying to find out what the specific configuration is for this bug and what the workaround would be.

Sorry for the problem,

[ 02-10-2006, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Dave Donley ]

• 3 weeks later...

The windows PIO in VW 12.0.1 is flawed (and possibly the door PIO as well). I do not think that it is productive for VW users to suck on eggs apologizing for their complaints. I bought VW 12 which is TOTALLY USELESS because of this bug. I am continuing to "work" with VW 11.5, but my confidence in upgrading in the future has been unalterably flawed.