How to modify slab (roof) drainage to outlet at perimeter scuppers?

architele

I have been struggling with this. I am new to the slab and slab drainage tools, and they feel intuitive for traditional internal roof drains. My flat roof will be draining through scuppers at a perimeter wall (with no internal drains) and I can't seem to "get" how to make this happen. I see that VW requires that I place drains within the boundaries of the slab perimeter while a scupper in real life actually happens at the edge. When I try to place one at the edge of a slab get just a small corner of pitch and the rest of the slab is gone

I have viewed a number of good videos about slab drainage as well as scoured the internet on this topic. I have seen a number of situations where scuppers have been mentioned or included in posts or videos, but no indication of the steps required to achieve this.

I am sure that once this is explained, it will result in a forehead-slapping, DOH! moment for me, like so many other things in VW, but I'm stuck with a nasty deadline, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by architele
  • architele changed the title to How to modify slab (roof) drainage to outlet at perimeter scuppers?

I always use roof faces for this kind of thing. Basically, I just model the plywood....

You can use the extract surface tool to quickly model the rubber membrane. You'll need to move it slightly so it sits above the plywood.

It will work OK in a cross section - I'd annotate the plywood in section with a plywood hatch I use.

You'd need to manually annotate the slopes per sheet.

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 8.50.34 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 9.01.10 AM.jpg

• Like 1